The Ohio Theatre is located in Toledo’s Polish International Village on Lagrange Street, the center of Toledo’s largest concentration of people of Polish ancestry for over 130 years. The Ohio Theatre is a tremendous neighborhood asset and historical treasure that contributes to the uniqueness of the Lagrange Street business district. For generations, the Ohio Theatre has been a source of entertainment for Toledo area residents — from vaudeville and silent films, to movies and weekly serials, and even performing arts.
The Ohio Theatre is located at 3112 Lagrange St in the Toledo’s Polish International Village of Toledo, Ohio. Built in 1921, it is Toledo’s last operating neighborhood theatre. This three-story brick and stone masonry building comprises 8,000 square feet and features stadium seating, the original Mighty 90 carbon arc 35mm movie projectors, and state of the art lighting, sound, and digital projection technology. The theatre has a spacious 40’ by 60’ thrust stage with a 10’ by 20’ orchestra platform. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.
The Historic Ohio Theatre serves the greater Toledo community and its creatives, as a welcoming and accessible venue for arts and cultural activities.
The Ohio Theatre is owned by Children’s Theatre Workshop, a nonprofit, 501c3 organization. CTW offers an inclusive environment for youth of all backgrounds, cultures, and lifestyles where they have the opportunity to study many aspects of theatre arts, develop valuable life skills, and produce quality plays.